Cookies

Notice: This website may or may not use or set cookies used by Google Ad-sense or other third party companies. If you do not wish to have cookies downloaded to your computer, please disable cookie use in your browser. Thank You.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Urban Survival Equipment - Reader Comment on 5.11 Tactical Pants

UrbanSurvivalSkills.com received this comment from Outlander777 on the recent post concerning 5.11 Tactical Pants,...."I have not worn the 5.11 tactical pants. I have though worn their class (a) police office uniform pants. I have recently purchased several pairs of their class (B) officer duty pants for winter wear (camping/hiking/fishing/treking and for my Bug Out Bag). They are 60 poly and 40 wool. Great weight for winter and when colder just add long johns under them. They have taken a lot of abuse and just wash them and wear/dry them. The crease stays in they don't scream military or cop just look good. So with you review I will purchase a pair of the tactical pants and give them a try. Thanks for the review. (side note 5.11 is having a clearance on many items. I got my pants for 5.99 each)."

UrbanMan replies: Outlander 777 I hope you think the 5.11 Tactical pants or the TDU pants are worth it,...I think at $5.99 you got a deal. I get mine free as an issued item, but don't wear them too much. I like your comment "they don't scream military or cop", as I think this would be an issue during a collapse with various agencies and organization running around; groups or mobs maybe looking for government targets, etc. Just doesn't pay to draw attention to yourself.

I also think plain old Wrangler or Levi pants in tan, brown or green are good choices for durable wear as well. Just not a whole lot of big pockets!

A little know fact is that recon teams in Vietnam used to wear blue jeans dyed black due to their durability in heavy brush as well as the black color maybe giving them a second or two of cover when they ran into their black pajama clad enemy counterparts on a remote trail.

I have a set of green 5.11 TDU pants vacuum packed and in my BOB. I rolled up a set of good socks and a t-shirt inside the pair of pants then used a food saver to vacuum pack them to reduce the size. This works well.  Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment