Cookies

Notice: This website may or may not use or set cookies used by Google Ad-sense or other third party companies. If you do not wish to have cookies downloaded to your computer, please disable cookie use in your browser. Thank You.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Survival Chronicles of Jim - Chapter 12

It's been awhile since I wrote last about my Urban Survival Preparations and Survival Gear and Equipment procurement plan. Just as well as I needed the time to order some of the essential Survival Gear I was missing.

I finally bought some Silver bullion in the form of 1 ounce Silver Rounds from Northwest Territorial Mint. I bought ten (10) of them and it costs me a total of $194.10

Bought two of the Suisee Sport Alpine Adult Mummy (Sleeping) bags from the Survival Store (link to the right). This purchase cost a total of approximately $100.00 (can't remember exactly). When they arrived I realized I made a good buy on this item of Survival Gear. The Suisse Sport Alpine Mummy bags are green and sage in color, have a lot of room, are good for comfort to zero degrees and compress into a small package in the compression-stuff sack.

My Urban Survival Preparation in the Survival Foods area was weak, not counting some Mainstay Food Bars I have in my Survival Bug Out Bag and in my initial cache near my Safe Location, so I bought a case of dehydrated food, from EarthWaveLiving. This case consisted of six #10 cans (large coffee cans) so I bought one can each of powdered eggs, hash brown potatoes, carrots, peas, blueberries and peaches. Oh by the way, this case of food cost approximately $110.00, not too bad for what I figure would be around 30 days of food for two people if rationed correctly. I'm going to have to talk to Neomi about buying, storing and caching food.

I also went to the grocery store and bought three 50 pound bags of dog food and will replace each one as I use it to ensure that when I do bug out I have at least 100 pounds of dog food to take with me to the safe location. I will probably cache some more near the cabin but have to figure out how to package it.

My next task is to buy and store some rice and beans and prepare a cache of rice and beans near the safe location as well. And I'm going to see about buying another gun so my son can use it. Being new and clueless to guns I'll talk to the boys (the Survival Cadre who write this blog) and see what they think.
You all be safe and get prepared.

1 comment: